Media Relations Strategist
We’re looking for a full-time media relations strategist to join Influence & Co.’s media relations department and work with the team in growing and nurturing relationships with contributors, editors, and writers at online publications.
Responsibilities may change over time, but we anticipate this role will involve:
- Crafting pitches to contributors, editors, and writers to gain press placements
- Nurturing media relationships through email, on the phone, and (potentially) in-person visits
- Effectively collaborating within the media relations department and across departments to produce strategic pitching strategies that accomplish client goals
- Conducting content research, brainstorming topics within a number of different industries, and evaluating the quality and depth of client material to determine the necessary next steps
- Performing research on contributors, editors, writers, and publications to understand their content needs
- Working with the team to determine processes and best practices for new initiatives
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates strong communication, writing, time management, and organization skills
- Is deadline-oriented and very comfortable working in a fast-paced and open/flexible environment
- Must be intellectually curious and have a passion for learning about new industries
- Enjoys performing research
- Is very organized and loves creating processes/organizational systems
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Exhibits strong personal initiative and exerts independence to take full ownership of role
- Has strong strategic and analytical skills
*This position is open to internal candidates in both our St. Louis and Columbia, Mo., offices. Travel between our various office locations will be required 2-4 days per month.
- An amazing work environment in Columbia, Mo., & St. Louis, Mo.
- Flexible PTO after 90 days of employment
- Flexible Work Environment after 90 days of employment
- Competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- Discount on local gym memberships
- The best team members you could ever ask for
- An opportunity to be an integral part in growing the company
Application materials can be addressed to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Erin Holm.