We are looking for a full-time editor to join a small team within Influence & Co. to manage content for more than 20 clients. Responsibilities may differ between teams but can include:
- Effectively collaborating with a small team to produce strategic content accomplishing client goals.
- Professionally editing and refining content.
- Defining the structure, angle, and tone of an article.
- Evaluating the quality and depth of client material to determine necessary next steps.
- Conducting content research and brainstorming.
- Writing client articles, when necessary. This role includes approximately 20-25% writing.
This position is located in our Columbia, MO, office. Candidates must be able to work onsite. This role can not be done virtually.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys studying content styles, structures, and voices.
- Must be intellectually curious and have a passion for learning about new industries.
- Has experience in editing, writing, and/or content creation. This could include a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a related field or equivalent experience. Marketing experience is a big plus!
- Exhibits strong personal initiative and exerts independence to take full ownership of role.
- Is deadline-oriented and very comfortable working in a fast-paced and open/flexible environment.
- Possesses familiarity with various writing styles and structure, including high proficiency in AP style, and exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
- Has strong strategic and analytical skills.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
Applicants will be required to provide writing samples and complete a test edit.
What We Offer:
- An amazing work environment.
- Flexible Work Environment after 90 days of employment.
- Flexible PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Full health benefits.
- Discount on local gym memberships.
- The best team members you could ever ask for.
- An opportunity to be an integral part in growing the company.
Application materials can be addressed to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Erin Holm.