We are looking for a full-time editor to join a small team (pods) within Influence & Co. to manage content for more than 20 clients. Responsibilities may differ between teams but can include:
- Effectively collaborating with a small team to produce strategic content accomplishing client goals.
- Professionally editing and refining content.
- Defining the structure, angle, and tone of an article.
- Evaluating the quality and depth of client material to determine necessary next steps.
- Conducting content research and brainstorming.
- Writing client articles, when necessary. This role includes approximately 20-25% writing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys studying content styles, structures, and voices.
- Must be intellectually curious and have a passion for learning about new industries.
- Has experience in editing, writing, and/or content creation. This could include a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a related field or equivalent experience. Marketing experience is a big plus!
- Exhibits strong personal initiative and exerts independence to take full ownership of role.
- Is deadline-oriented and very comfortable working in a fast-paced and open/flexible environment.
- Possesses familiarity with various writing styles and structure, including high proficiency in AP style, and exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
- Has strong strategic and analytical skills.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
Applicants will be required to provide writing samples and complete a test edit.
What We Offer:
- An amazing work environment.
- Flexible Work Environment after 90 days of employment.
- Flexible PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Full health benefits.
- Discount on local gym memberships.
- The best team members you could ever ask for.
- An opportunity to be an integral part in growing the company.
Influence & Co.’s mission is to endlessly improve the way content is crafted and distributed. We’re technology-fueled content creators who push the boundaries of what can be achieved for clients and readers alike.
Create an autonomous, yet supportive, environment.
Evolve to deliver more value.
Serve others with trust and respect.
Application materials can be addressed to our Director of Talent Strategy, Erin Holm.